Thursday, March 19, 2015

Guillaume Cornet


Guillaume Cornet is an emerging artist working with illustration and painting, exploring notions of abstract geometry, influenced by surreal perspectives plus architecture, to construct sometimes monochrome but mostly colorful and vibrant visual spaces. His works tends to be filled with intricate characters positioning themselves in unexpected geometrical environments. Creating a humorous visual language, he frequently depicts unusual and bizarre situations. Most of the Favela Series is inspired by densely populated areas from cities which I have visited in the past three years Mexico, Peru, Bolivia, along with my personal experience from cities where I have lived and worked: Paris, London and Barcelona. The Characters are based on people and situations I come across in my daily life. But also by unusual sounds, objects, misunderstandings and the world which revolves around me... LINK Guillaume Cornet

No comments: